March 12th 2004
- Another new page! - Don't get too excited though, TAFA's random
flyer system threw Bailey International at me from no-where and when
I investigated it turned out they only had one known game so I threw
up a page for them before I forgot!
March 10th 2004
- New Page! - Exidy, thanks to all the people I already thanked when
I put this stuff on the rough page and, as always, TAFA for the flyers!
- Thanks also to Pi who pointed out a while ago that my link to the
MW message boards was outdated!
March 2nd, 2004
- Very small update - added a photo of rebound with a yellow rather
than white surround thanks to Gregory McGill
- Also added a couple of notes to the Rough page thanks to Dave Widel
that answer my questions about the simularities between Death Race
and Destruction Derby by Exidy and Demolition Derby by Chicago Coin.
Feburary 27th, 2004
- Greg Fife dumped another load of pics on me for the rough page
- what would I do without him? - those additions in full: Death Race
(Cabinet), Game Tree (PCB), Demolition Derby (Cabinet - Lo Boy),
Olympic Tennis (PCB), Futsball (Cabinet), Volly (Cabinet) and Desert
Patrol (PCB Cage)
- Now that I look at actual shots of Demolition Derby by Chicago
Coin I see it looks almost identical to Destruction Derby by Exidy
- anyone know if one was licensed off the other or if it was just
a rip-off and who ripped off who?
- Should be a couple of more things to follow but I thought I'd keep
on top of it and not wait!
Feburary 25th, 2004
- I am pleased to announce the assimilation of my friend Zephyr,
from the MW boards' page/shrine dedicated to the Ramtek game 'Clean
Sweep' which is kinda similar to Breakout
- Also a few minor alterations to the game list below thanks to Greg
Feburary 16th, 2004
- Noticed that TAFA had added 3 new German flyers for Breakout (Atari)
so I added the links, these flyers also contained a screen shot and
a cocktail cab shot that I liked so I added those too
- Anyone know whats going on with the 'ENV' branded flyer by the
way? It say "Breakout" but this is amusingly scribbled out and "Space
Attack" written in biro - the cab says "Space Attack" on it but is
clearly playing "Breakout"
Feburary 15th, 2004
- I underestimated the time it would take to upload the last update
then went away for the weekend so its only now that everything (hopefuly)
has been upped, appologies if you were trying to get stuff before
- do try again, should be OK now, please report if it isn't!
- Incedently, the link on the Spies mirror to a 'Jetfighter' manual
was broken - if anyone has it I'd greatfuly accept it (please e-mail
me first though so that only one person actualy sends it)
Feburary 12th, 2004
- Hello! Yes - I'm still here! My old mate Greg Fife found a mirror
of Al Kossow's old, now defunct Spies/Wiretap site Here so
I was able to snaffle a few screen shots and PCB pics but more importantly
(and controversialy) I've decided to add the manuals I found there
to this site, if this is abused and we get too many downloads of
these things they will be removed so be warned!
- An Atari flyer for a conversion kit for Pong type games turned
up called Volley ball, I've assumed this is actualy 'Re-bound' in
kit form and changed the entry for that game accordingly.
- Joe Bachman kindly
donated a couple of shots of very rare 'Kiosk' style Atari cabinets
- Atari Page - Breakout (Manual), Space Race (Kiosk cab, Screen Shots,
Manual), Tank (Kiosk cab, Manual), Anti-Aircraft (Manual), Crash
'n Score (Manual), Gran Trak 10 (Manual), Gran Trak 20 (Manual),
Hi-Way (Manual), Indy4 (Manual), Indy 800 (Manual), Le Mans (Manual),
Pin Pong (Manual), Pursuit (Manual), Qwak (Manual), Shark Jaws (Manual),
Stunt Cycle (Manual), Re-bound (Manual)
- Nutting Associates Page - Computer Space (Manual)
- Rough Page - Destruction Derby (Screenshots), Death Race (Screenshots,
PCB, Manual), Heavy Weight Champ (Screenshots), Wheels (PCB), 474
(Manual), Video Pool (Manual), Attack (Manual), Bi-Plane (Manual),
Demolition Derby (Manual), Flying Fortress (Manual), The Fonz (Manual),
Pace Car Pro (Manual), Paddle Battle (Manual), Race (Manual), Tennis
Tourney (Manual), TV Ping Pong (Manual), UFO Chase (Manual), Game
- Also Quiz Show by Atari turned out to have a CPU so its gone!
- Well, I think that's it, sorry if I missed anything!
November 26th, 2003
- Added shots of Paddle Ball and Pro Tennis by Williams as well as
Winner by Midway to the rough page, thanks to gregf also nabbed a
control panel shot of Sega's Monaco GP, a cast off from Smitdogg's
control panel packs
- Added more cab shots of Steeplechase and Breakout to the Atari
section, thanks to gregf
- Finaly added links to and cropped material from the Atari flyers
added to TAFA back in Oct, A better screen shot of Steeplechase as
well as French cab pics of that and Anti-Aircraft
October 19th, 2003
- With the help of Greg, I obtained a scan of a list of Atari games
that TAFA's Dan Hower got from Atrai themselves, I've used it to clear
up the 'unconfirmed' section, which is now gone (Crossfire and Dodge
Ball are back on the page, all the rest are gone) It also listed the
month of release of each game so I've that info too!
- Dale Luck e-mailed me to clear up what 'Gyro-Pong' was (check the
rough page) and pointed out the very informative "Story of Pong"
site that I've added to the links section.
- Other than that I did a bit of tidying up, the flyer links for Wimbledon
now point to the right pages on TAFA and I've take Computer Space
off the list of games that don't have page entries yet
October 12th, 2003
- NEW PAGE Nutting Associates - check out the games of the company
that kicked off the whole arcade video game scene! There's more than
just 'Computer Space' BTW! - Main source was TAFA but thanks to Greg
for finding some extra Computer Space pics!
- Added pics of Flying Fortress to the Rough page, thanks to greg!
September 8th, 2003
- Added some pics of Sega's Monaco GP to the rough page that Greg
found on e-bay
- Also, it was my birthday Yesterday - I got a Gameboy Advance and
August 20th, 2003
- It takes time to do a proper page on this site with all the pretty
Java Script flangyness and I haven't made one in a while, meanwhile
people (Greg mainly but thanks to MAMEgrrrl for finding the Video
Action shots) have been very kindly sending me photos of cabs they've
found which I'll only loose somewhere on my hard drive and I feel
guilty about not displaying them publically SOOO I've (very) quickly
thrown together a 'rough photos' page
to display them all! BTW any further info on these game (like reminding
me who made some of them) would be great!
- NB when/if I finally get round to putting these on proper pages
they will be cropped and some will be discarded!
August 13th, 2003
- Greg found more photos of Tank - the upright cab version this time
including a better screen shot
August 12th, 2003
- Added and replaced photos of Tank's cocktail cabinet thanks to Greg
finding them on e-bay
- Also changed the e-mail link to point to my new MAME World account
- woo hoo!
August 11th, 2003
- I've finally got direct FTP access to this site! Mwah ha har! Consequently
that last update from the 29th has been fixed and everything mentioned
in it now works, sorry for the wait!
- Also I nicked that PCB shot of Qwak that R.Belmont sent to System
16, incidentally, this made me notice that I'd been spelling Qwak
wrong all this time (Quak) - fixed now!
July 29th, 2003
- Hello! I'm still here! Still haven't moved on from Atari though!
- Regular MAME contributer Stefan Jokisch mailed me, raising doubts
about the existance of a bunch of games prompting me to make an 'unconfirmed'
section here on the front page to move them to, I also added Tank
3 to this list after Stilleto found another vauge reference to it
- Stefan also pointed out that Tank 8 had a CPU so I've removed it
from the site!
- gregf submitted another load of photos, this time from a collector
known as AndrewH, so look out for pics added to Breakout, Rebound
and Quadrapong as well as a marquee image for Anti-Aircraft
- He also found a photo taken at an exhibition showing a game called
Gyro Pong (see unconfirmed section) any more info on this would be
May 14th, 2003
- Sorry, still haven't got past Atari! - Added lots of Pics, mainly
auction shots off of eBay, thanks to gregf
such as LeMans, and Gran Trak 10, also a couple of the new Pong shots
came courtesy of AndrewH
- Added Tank 8 to the list - there's a manual on KLOV so that's pretty
clear, however KLOV also has an entry for Tank 3 but we (me and Greg)
doubt its actual existence too much to add it - if you have any further
info on this we'd be grateful to hear it!
- Slight redesign to make some concession for you 56kers! - Implemented
a "thumb nail" system for some of the bigger images and
split the Atari page in 2 (actually I was kind of forced to do that
- I nested all the layers to make the site MUCH easier to maintain
but all those layers nested together sort of blew IE's mind!)
April 26th, 2003
- Still finishing up Atari, Added prototype shots of Pong and Snoopy
Pong as well as replacing the Touch Me shot with a better one, all
thanks to the
- Decided that a cabinet shot of Gotcha partially obscured by b00bs
(from the TAFA
flyer) was better than nothing - in fact bonus ;-)
- Added "many infos" to the Atari page both game specific
and about the companies courtesy again, of the Atari
Museum - check out the Breakout one!
April 24th, 2003
- Added Cabinet shots to Tank 2
thanks to gregf!
- Fixed various broken links and errors - should be working a bit
April 22nd, 2003
- HELLO after over 2 years of abandonment this site gets a major redesign
and update, not to mention a new webmaster - me, Sean F
- Added first dedicated company page - Atari! There's still some stuff
I want to add to it, mostly info titbits from the Atari
Museum but it's ready enough and yes it IS very reminiscent of
page on System16.com, and maybe I do just want to be Sixtoe, I got
the shirts for it at least ;-)
February 10th, 2001.
- Added a link to a *new* emu/simulator project for discrete Sega
- So, what's up with this page? I have begun work on the non-beta
design, and everything is on track for an early Spring unveiling.
In addition to that, I've been reading up on discrete logic, which
has proved to be interesting.
January 30th, 2001.
- Added two linaks, one for a working Pong simulator.
January 25th, 2001.
- The games list now includes '74 to '80. This is probably not 100%
complete/accurate, but work is far from finished...
January 24th, 2001.
- List of games from '71 to '73 has been added. (Info adapted from
Al Kossow's webpage.)
- Tune in tomorrow for the '74 games!
January 21st, 2001.
- Preliminary page is now up and running!